The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing support to the farm accounting department. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate accounting records for receipt and/or disbursements, and will provide assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records; compiling information and preparing reports. This position is also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, through coordinated processes.
Duties & Responsibilities –
- Primary responsibilities will be supporting processes of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions within the Farm Accounting team. Ensuring that vendors are both accurately paid and charged.
- Files paid and unpaid invoices
- Post entries into accounting system
- Assist with routine vendor payment processing
- Assist with bank deposits, confirming deposit totals
- Assist other team members in the accounting department as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Prior principles and practices of accounting is preferred. Familiarity with other general business software email spreadsheets word processing a plus. Intermediate math skills are necessary.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Associate degree in Accounting AND
- 2 years experience in the accounting arena OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a self motivated attitude.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self directed environment
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk for extended periods of time
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220