Management Responsibilities: The Assistant production Manager will be responsible for managing operations at managed farms, and assisting farm managers with problem solving. The Assistant Production Manager will be responsible for assisting the Production Managers with problem solving and tasks assigned each week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works directly with production managers to resolve issues and continue growth and education to grow in to a production manager position.
- Completes assigned tasks, special projects, and resolves issues as necessary.
- Ensures all standardized programs are fully implemented at the farm level.
- Ensures company farm managers can and are effectively leading, organizing and managing workforce for optimum performance.
- Ensures safety procedures are in place at managed farms & reinforces action taken to lower accidents, incidents and injuries.
- Evaluates and monitors progress on changes made to resolve production and maintenance based issues.
- Ensures subordinates are properly trained to perform their respective responsibilities.
- Assists in scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance projects by adding them to task list.
- Ensures preventative maintenance programs are performed as necessary.
- Reports to the Production Managers & Director of Operations of completed assigned tasks.
- Analyzes and implements improvements in production techniques.
- Assists in helping with monitoring of farm environmental programs.
- Reviews goals and targets on projects in which assigned with production manager.
- Assists the farm managers with staff development and training.
- Communicates all productions or disease concerns for managed farms to production manager and herd veterinarian.
- Conducts on farm visits, reviews records, & assists in the development of action plans to resolve production concerns.
- Review summaries and analysis of production data on farms to assist in resolving issues.
- Oversees completion of special projects assigned.
- Oversees farm bio security and ensures farm employees are adhering to it upon each visit.
- Sets goals and itinerary for completing special projects and resolving production based issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Requires prior advanced principles and practices of swine production, Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook program, requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and leadership skills. Must be able to work under frequent time pressures.
- B.S. degree in Animal Science or equivalent education OR
- A minimum 5 years sow farm management experience
- This work includes, but is not limited to the following physical activities:
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220