The Boar Stud Barn Manager is directly responsible for carrying out the daily responsibilities of caring for the welfare of animals, including feed, water and management by directly managing the team of employees to ensures they are working effectively and efficiently. This position will coordinate employees into highly effective team members. The Boar Stud Barn Manager will manage the boars and collection process, quality assurance and bio security. In addition, the Boar Stud Barn Manager will ensure safety of team members, development of team members, and overall leadership of the barn team. This position reports directly to Site Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains current and/or develops new quality assurance processes
- Performs cost analyses and improvement planning and execution
- Maintains treatment records
- Meets internal efficiency metrics
- Organizes animal flows through isolation
- Stays educated on industry standards and state-of-art techniques and equipment
- Interact with appropriate outside consulting support
- Trains barn personnel
- Coordinates all semen collection
- Oversees the movement, care, management, collection and health of the boars at the stud and isolation facility
- Maintains upkeep and maintenance of the physical facilities
- Maintains systems and processes to maximize the efficient operation of the stud barn, maximize quality and quantity of semen available and be a least cost producer of semen
- Assists in other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Prism software is required.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 or 4 year degree in Ag business is preferred, but not required, AND
- 2-3 year of people management experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to perform repeated dynamic movements from below to above shoulder height
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220