The Commercial Sow Farm Data Entry Technician is responsible for providing administrative support on site at PSM managed commercial sow farms. This includes, but is not limited to farm productivity information data recording, records corrections, breeding female identification data integrity tasks and any other on–farm administrative assistance that is needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records farm activities data into daily computer reporting system
- Submits farm activities data sheets to Records Bureau system on a timely basis each week
- Sends weekly gilt developer worksheets, new entries, weekly deaths, selection in the herd to the Logistics department
- Maintains data integrity of farm record keeping system and reconciles breeding female tag numbers with group reports
- Resolves any data reporting discrepancies and timely submits corrections to the Records Bureau weekly
- Maintains all transfer sheets and paperwork for external piglet sales to customers
- Organizes files and office material for tele-forms, invoices, transfer sheets, semen delivery, that is related to farms daily activities
- Ensures office sanitation
- Assists with laundry
- Assists in other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
This position will require the physical ability to do repetitive motions for extended periods of time. To be able to bend, kneel and squat frequently. This position will also require a lot of attention to details.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred OR
- 1-2 years experience in data entry field
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to perform repeated dynamic movements from below to above shoulder height.
- Ability to lift over 50lbs.
- Have and increased level of fitness that will focus on cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance and flexibility.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow directions
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220