Corporate Staff Accountant
The corporate accountant will provide support to the corporate accounting department. . This position is responsible for ensuring accurate accounting records for receipt and disbursements, and will provide assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records; compiling information and preparing reports. Candidate should be able to prepare, analyze, and disseminate company financial statements. This position is also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, through coordinated processes. Candidate should be comfortable presenting to senior management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become proficient in MAS 200 accounting system
- Post and process accounts payable invoices including reconciling vendor statements, filing paid invoices and statements and obtaining proper vendor data to ensure all 1099 filings are accurate.
- Post and process accounts receivable payments including entering invoices against open sales orders and posting cash receipts
- Manage the corporate credit card statements including reconciling invoices, reviewing receipts to confirm compliance with corporate travel policy and posting to the general ledger
- Reconcile the monthly health insurance and voluntary benefits invoices for all corporate and farm employees
- Become proficient in time and billing including understanding the rules regarding classification of time and billing across companies as well as posting transactions daily
- Create new codes in MAS time and billing as required
- Export data from time and billing to Excel/Crystal Reports and create reports as requested by management
- Provides backup support for corporate payroll processing
- Assist in month end statement processing and reporting
- Answers incoming calls and provides routine information in response to inquiries
- Oversee, manages, and implements projects as assigned
- Provides reports to members of management as requested
- Assists other team members in the accounting department as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Prior principles and practices of accounting is preferred. Requires proficiency in Excel computer applications and familiarity with Word computer applications. Intermediate math skills are necessary.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Associate degree in Accounting AND
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the accounting arena OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a self motivated attitude.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self directed environment
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk for extended periods of time
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220