Basic Function: The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for communications to and from customers regarding the ordering of supplies, medicines and other items per internal and external client requests. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for issuing sales orders and pick lists to the Carthage Veterinary Service, Ltd warehouse. In addition, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for issuing purchase orders to vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed understanding of products or refer to compendium when in doubt.
- Detailed understanding of product manufacturers and know their sales representatives.
- Receive calls from clients and process their orders or other requests.
- Enter sales orders, pick lists or purchase orders depending upon the type of order including managed farm monthly orders. Forward internal sales orders and pick lists to CVS warehouse personnel.
- Decide whether sales orders will be shipped from CVS inventory or drop shipped from supplier and which supplier to send the purchase order to.
- Run and monitor reorder report and place orders as needed.
- Ensure supplier acknowledges each purchase order.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders.
- Order replenishment supplies for CVS Warehouse as needed.
- Promptly advise supplier of any packing slip discrepancies.
- Resolve all customer complaints in a timely, efficient and least costly manner.
- Ensure script process policies and procedures are followed for all RX and RX-L items.
- Fill in as needed for departmental absences.
- Perform cycle counts as directed.
- Perform product expiration checks as directed.
- Assist with regularly scheduled physical inventories.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Assist others in department as directed or asked.
- Seek cost reduction opportunities.
- Seek alternate products and alternate sources of supply.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge And Skills:
This position requires an analytical person who pays close attention to details. This position requires detailed knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook programs, and the ability to effectively communicate with external and internal clients. The customer Service Representative must also possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess good math, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as accept direction from others.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended period of time
Education And Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220