The Operations Director is responsible for the management of operational support for the Carthage System Managed Farms. The responsibilities include management of the following departments; Production (Commercial, Multiplication, Boar Studs and Finishing operations), Environmental, Nutrition, Maintenance and Merchandising and Finishing Records. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and provide strategic direction for the support departments listed earlier in an effective manner that meets the customer’s needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead high performing operations and support team(s) possessing the needed skills and experience to operate efficiently and meet service levels while implementing appropriate tools
- Provides management and technical leadership of operations including incident management, problem management, change management, and other key functions
- Provide leadership in order to achieve goals associated with Annual Objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Formulate, document, implement and maintain sound procedures and standards relating to operations support .
- Develops project and department budgets and manages to those budgets
- Hires, trains, motivate and evaluate staff managers and others within department.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Must take a forward look at future needs and industry trends to develop sound short and long term plans.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong background in Project Management
- Outstanding customer service orientation and ability to work with people at all levels in the organization required
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Effective presentation skills
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor degree (Business, Operations Management) required; Masters Preferred AND
- 5 years minimum in a senior Operations Management field OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral presentation skills and have a self-motivated attitude
- Must be detail oriented, possess strong work ethic, and show ability to work independently
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Ability to walk, sit, squat, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time
This position encompasses operations management for Carthage System and Professional Swine Management, a leader in the Agriculture Industry, specializing in pork production. We manage over 34 swine production sites. Responsibilities include oversight of production, finishing, soil and water conservation, maintenance, logistics, nutrition and strategic leadershipof current and future endeavors.
Job Type: Full-time
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220