Summary: The Farm Maintenance Team Lead will provide day-to-day leadership for both internal and contracted maintenance teams coordinating construction upgrades, repair and general maintenance work of managed farms. Depending upon work schedules, Farm Maintenance Lead will also be a part of the internal maintenance team working at the managed farms. Work will involve building maintenance, equipment repair as well as electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electric motor replacement and other equipment repair on various sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize contractors and subcontractors as required.
- Will provide direction and organization for the internal maintenance team.
- Prioritizes maintenance projects to ensure those with highest safety issues are serviced first.
- Assists in creating and reviewing preventative maintenance programs for each farm.
- Perform maintenance on PSM Farms as assigned.
- Complete repairs involving electrical, plumbing, piping, welding and building maintenance
- Understand limitations in electrical work and when to contact an outside contractor for arc flash issues.
- Identify and note other necessary repairs at farms and report them to the Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues
- Estimate repair costs and/or time necessary to complete upcoming repair projects at the farms for the Maintenance Manager
- Repair to the extent possible tractors, pressure washers and other equipment at the farms.
- Personally follow company bio security protocol and ensure outside contractors follow bio security protocol.
- Work in a safe manner but insures employees and contractors and insures employees and contractors do as well.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently or in team setting depending on work assignment(s)
- Efficient time management skills and ability to stay on task until daily assignment(s) are complete
- Use tools including common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Knowledge of welding, plumbing, and electrical skills.
- Communicate effectively with farm managers, farm employees, vendors and maintenance management staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to travel as needed on a daily basis with occasional, planned overnight trips to distant farms
- A valid driver’s license.
Education and Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ maintenance experience across multiple disciplines and
- 1 to 2 years involvement in project management
- High School diploma
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong maintenance background including reading blueprints.
- Ability to stand, bend, climb ladders, lift up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to accept after hours trouble calls and respond as needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220