Summary: The Farm Maintenance Technician will perform repair and general maintenance work on facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, piping, welding, masonry electric motor replacement and other equipment repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance on PSM Farms as assigned.
- Complete all work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete repairs involving electrical, plumbing, piping, welding and building maintenance
- Understand limitations regarding electrical work and when an outside contractor should handle work involving arc flash issues.
- Identify and note other necessary repairs at farms and report them to the Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues
- Estimate repair costs and/or time necessary to complete upcoming repair projects at the farms for the Maintenance Manager.
- Repair to the extent possible tractors, pressure washers and other equipment at the farms.
- Provides grounds keeping services, such as landscaping, mowing and snow removal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently or in team setting depending on work assignment(s)
- Be efficient in time management and stay on task until daily assignment(s) are complete
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Knowledge in welding, plumbing, piping, carpentry and electrical maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with farm managers, farm employees, vendors and maintenance management staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to travel as needed on a daily basis with occasional, planned overnight trips to distant farms
- A valid driver’s license.
Education and Work Experience
- 5 years’ maintenance experience
- High School diploma
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong maintenance background including reading blueprints.
- Ability to stand, bend, climb ladders, lift up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to accept after hours trouble calls and respond as needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
English Employment Application| Español Solicitud de Empleo
Apply Now. Click on the appropriate application above to open a printable PSM employment application that you can fill out and mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220