The Filtration/Maintenance Assistant will report directly to the Maintenance Manager (70% of the time) and Director of Operations (30 % of the time); and will assist in providing filtration/maintenance support to the production team and managed farms. During filtration seasons, October – May, the Filtration/Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for monitoring filtration systems at each of the filtered farms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews building plans and specifications
- Inspects filtration systems and keeps them operational.
- Occasionally installs filtration system components
- Orders filtration supplies through Purchasing.
- Keeps organized excel spreadsheets of each farm detailing filtration components.
- Takes pictures of and records problems with filtration system and relays information to managers
- Follows company bio security protocol and ensures outside contractors and employees comply
- Coordinate daily and weekly work schedule with Maintenance Manager, contractors, and managed farm
- Keeps daily activities records of progress on site
- Coordinates with Director of Sow Operations to create and modify SOP’s
- Provides Quality Control and Quality Assurance for site construction
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment
- Works on managed farm repairs and maintenance projects as assigned by the Director of Sow Operations and Maintenance Manager
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in providing emergency unscheduled repairs as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Requires experience in reading blueprints and schematics, strong time management skills, effective oral and written skills, and some basic working knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Science degree preferred AND
- 1-3 years experience in the industry AND
- 1 year plumbing/electrical working knowledge OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to perform in highly interruptive conditions
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to stand, bend, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs for extended periods of time
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
English Employment Application| Español Solicitud de Empleo
Apply Now. Click on the appropriate application above to open a printable PSM employment application that you can fill out and mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220