The Logistics Lead is responsible for managing and coordinating the logistical operations and functions of the managed farms for Professional Swine Management, LLC; under the guidance of the Logistics Manager and for ensuring customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, through coordinated processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and Audits department inventories, reports, and forms.
- Prepares and distributes delivery documents for shipments; including health certificates, driving directions, and contact information for all shipments as required.
- Develops and distributes weekly transportation schedules, cull sow schedules and truck wash schedules.
- Maintains and develops positive business relationships internally and externally, and attends meetings as assigned
- Ensures transportation companies are following company established SOPs
- Forecasts and analyzes current and extended wean pig projections utilizing records software program.
- Works closely with finishing managers and contract growers to maintain accurate records of weekly inventories, mortality and animal movements for entry into the accounting database.
- Inputs data of inventories, mortality, start dates, group IDs, etc. for the managed finishing system into the accounting program.
- Coordinates and schedules all animal phase movement dates and projected production to contract growers, transportation companies, and finishing production managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the boar stud courier system including route management, delivery issues, customer relations (recommend we remove as this will be transitioned – leace with coordinator role for now)
- Inputs data of inventories, mortality, start date, group IDs, etc. for the managed finishing system into the accounting program. The inventories have to be done weekly and accurately reported to the finishing and accounting teams on a timely basis
- Develops, plans, balances, and maintains the managed farm delivery schedules
- Assists with transportation bid process as needed or directed by farm owners from initial bid process through contract
- Communicates with the production team on a regular basis to maintain smooth flow of animals
- Accepts emergency after hour phone calls and responds as necessary
- Ensures assigned tasks and projects are completed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Prior principles and practices of logistics management is preferred. Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, computer literacy (Microsoft Office), strong leadership, and project management skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor degree in Ag Business or related field required, AND
- 2-4 years experience in logistics or transportation, AND
- 1 year experience in supervisory position, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to perform in highly interruptive conditions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220