The Maintenance Technician will provide day-to-day troubleshooting and repairs to the managed farms. This person will be part of the preventative maintenance team. Work will involve building maintenance, equipment repair, welding, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electric motor replacement and other equipment repair.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct maintenance walk through at farms for preventative maintenance program.
- Prioritizes maintenance projects to ensure those with highest safety issues are serviced first.
- Perform maintenance on PSM Farms as assigned.
- Complete repairs involving electrical, plumbing, piping, welding and building maintenance
- Understand limitations regarding electrical work and when an outside contractor should handle work involving arc flash issues.
- Identify and note other necessary repairs at farms and report them to the Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues
- Repair to the extent possible tractors, pressure washers and other equipment at the farms.
- Follow company bio security protocol and ensure outside contractors do the same
- Not only works in a safe manner but insures employees and contractors do as well.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years’ maintenance experience across multiple disciplines and
- 1 to 2 years involvement in project management
- High School diploma
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently or in team setting depending on work assignment(s)
- Be efficient in time management and stay on task until daily assignment(s) are complete
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Knowledge in welding, plumbing, and electrical skills.
- Communicate effectively with farm managers, farm employees, and maintenance management staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to travel as needed on a daily basis with occasional, planned overnight trips to distant farms
- Requires valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong maintenance background including reading blueprints.
- Ability to stand, bend, climb ladders, lift up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to accept after hours trouble calls and respond as needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
English Employment Application| Español Solicitud de Empleo
Apply Now. Click on the appropriate application above to open a printable PSM employment application that you can fill out and mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220