Basic Functions: The PSM Nutrition Associate assists the System Nutritionist in coordination and review of all aspects of the nutrition program. This individual works with laboratories to facilitate the feed quality assurance program and collects field data at farms and feed mills as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides service and support to PSM managed farms to support execution of the feeding program.
- Updates and maintains feed order forms for PSM managed farms.
- Facilitates feed ordering for PSM managed farms.
- Documents and troubleshoots feed related problems with farms and feed mills
- Communicates with production and health teams on changes to feed medications and formulations
- Communicates with feed mills on changes to ingredients or projected ingredient usage
- Oversees feed quality assurance program across multiple mills and assists Carthage Diagnostic Lab with data entry and sample processing as needed
- Generates reports on feed quality assurance data for mills and management
- Reviews, summarizes and analyzes production, feed, and nutrition data
- Assists as needed with calculations of optimal market weights and projections
- Develops nutrition reports and feed programming and educational materials for sites, health and production teams based on current SOP
- Tracks and summarizes on-site nutrition observations from production and heath teams
- Collects data, samples, and observations from visits to farms and feed mills. Generates summaries
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
Must possess a strong background in analytical techniques, be proficient in spreadsheet, power point, and word processing software, be detailed oriented and results driven, demonstrate negotiation and interpersonal communication skills. This individual must be inquisitive, and be self-motivated. Strong communication skills and ability to problem-solve are a necessity. Ability to work well with and get results from a variety of individuals is critical to success in this position. Experience with livestock production and data collection and data management preferred.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Swine Nutrition, Animal Science or related field required AND
- 2-3 year experience in similar field OR
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Swine Nutrition, Animal Science or related field, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and prioritize
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate self-motivated attitude
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel for extended periods of time
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220