The production trainer is responsible for administering training to production team and farm employees. This position assures that Standard Operating Procedures are in place and that all farm employees are following standards. This position is also responsible for ensuring that new employees receive the required standardized onboarding before starting work on farm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and understand a wide variety of job duties to a high level of detail
- Ability to document work to a high level of detail for the purpose of training and onboarding employees
- Monitor & administer employee training, motivating employees to achieve maximum quality & productivity
- Effectively train all new and existing farm, employees in the production environment
- Validate training materials by working with production managers and support function leaders in the organization
- Conduct training audits to identify training gaps, conduct on the job training to correct deficiencies
- Observe and audit work to make necessary changes to documentation or processes
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance and adherence to the quality and safety standards
- Work with production team to make recommendations on how to improve operations to optimize production while positively contributing to safety, quality, and cost
- Provide feedback to production team and employees to allow them to evaluate abilities
- Help train new and existing farm managers to work with on employee onboarding paperwork and other required production documentation (records paperwork)
- Complies with the practices and principals of biosecurity to safeguard the life and health of the swine herd
- Ensures the welfare of all animals
- Assists in other duties as assigned
- Requires strong technical communication skills to support training and onboarding of new and existing employees
- This person must work closely with the production and farm managers to ensure success of the farm.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associates required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Ag-Science, Ag-Business, Ag-Engineering or related field AND
- 2-3 years of sow production and training experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to learn & utilize an array of computer programs (LMS program)
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat and be on feet for up to 10 hours per day
- Frequent bending, reaching, pulling, lifting — occasionally lifting and pulling up to 100 lbs. with assistance of another team member
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection in some areas
- Ability to give and follow directions
- Ability to work in fast moving environment
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220