Safety Compliance and Training Specialist helps develop, coordinate and deliver safety training programs in production facilities. Partners with leadership to build a curriculum that supports safety and overall individual and facility performance. Regularly assesses gaps in these areas and adjust training offerings as needed. Works with production subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure all safety training meets the requirements of the task and location. Responsible for safety audits and incident investigation. Manages LMS assigned safety training modules and employee transcript updates. Fosters a learning environment and is responsible for maintaining accurate training records and ensuring that employees have completed required safety training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partners with leadership to build a curriculum that supports safety and overall individual and facility performance
• Create and maintain course content, manuals and other safety training materials
• Conduct safety training that supports and adheres to OSHA and company goals and objectives
• Develop subject matter expert trainers through Train-the-Trainer programs and consistent feedback
• Perform safety audits and prescribe required actions to help mitigate incidents
• Conduct in depth safety incident investigations
• Act as a change agent by encouraging positive attitudes and behaviors towards training and safety awareness
• Assess the learning experience; evaluate mentor/coach to ensure training effectiveness and correct any issues that arise
2. Safety Compliance and Administration
Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injury
• Implement, manage and monitor safety programs, policies, and procedures that meet OSHA and other applicable requirements.
• Evaluate the organization’s procedures, facilities and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions.
• Ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements and are prepared to follow safety procedures. Collects data and reports on all safety and accident events.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. An Associate or Bachelor degree in Safety or Occupational Health AND/OR
2. 5 years minimum in a Leadership Role in Swine Production or Safety OR
3. Any appropriate combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Requires strong background in management principles and theory. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Strong leadership, project management, time management skills, solid acumen, management reporting and problem solving skills is required. Requires effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills,
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral presentation skills and have a self motivated attitude
2. Must be detail oriented, possess strong work ethic, and show ability to work independently
3. Ability to work under frequent time pressures
4. Ability to adapt easily to change
5. Ability to walk, sit, squat, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
English Employment Application| Español Solicitud de Empleo
Apply Now. Click on the appropriate application above to open a printable PSM employment application that you can fill out and mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220