The Professional Swine Management, LLC Senior Cost Accountant assists the VP Finance and CFO by providing detailed analysis and recommendations on cost management initiatives, improving transactional efficiency, preparing financial reporting and ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The Senior Cost Accountant will also be responsible full general ledger accounting and financial statement preparation for other corporate entities and for completing other financial projects and other duties as assigned by management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and identifies key cost metrics for managed farm clients as well as corporate entities. This will include establishing a baseline for cost metrics, investigating variances, providing recommendations for reduction of costs, implementing the agreed upon projects and tracking progress on a regular basis including detail knowledge at the transaction level.
- Works with other key team members to develop detailed annual budgets for areas of focus as well as full entity budgets as requested.
- Develops, reviews, and presents feedback to senior management, including evaluating business cases along with financial analysis of payback, NPV and IRR for clients as well as corporate
- Present thoughtful observations and analysis of results in writing and in presentation form to management; performs primary industry research and analysis as well as competitive tracking
- Assists the VP Finance and CFO with additional account analysis as requested with focus on managed farm accounts
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for Prairieland Investment Group, including performance of month end/ quarter end and year end closing activities, attends owner meetings and presents financial statements, sends appropriate financial reports for banking requirements, including analysis of required ratios and handles all other accounting for the entity
- Provides backup support for corporate payroll processing and full accounting services as needed
- Collaborates with other team members to support the overall department goals and objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Intermediate to advanced principles and practices of accounting are required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of overall business strategy and operations including business processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of these measures, customer behavior, profitability and return on investment modeling and general economic modeling.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and basic familiarity with Word.
- Possess knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection.
- Proficient in project management.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in business, accounting or finance AND
- Minimum of three years experience with emphasis on finance or accounting
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong project management skills and an entrepreneurial, self-motivated attitude.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment.
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability required.
- Ability to adapt easily to change.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk for extended periods of time
** Job description may not be all inclusive **
If interested please submit resume and application:
Human Resources Dept
Professional Swine Management, LLC.
PO Box 220
Carthage, IL 62321-0220